List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE Janitors (QA?) Proposal
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () virgilio ! it>
Date:       2003-12-21 11:58:48

A simple but useful, if boring, project would be to add the "what's this?"
text to the main applications...

Konqueror has "what's this?" help for some actions, but, for example, KMail
has none.

The docbooks for the applications already contain the needed strings. In fact,
this work has the added advantage that it could also improve the manuals for
our applications.

For the application actions, what's needed is to find where they are created
in the sources, and add something like:

action->setWhatsThis(I18N("<cut from the manual>"));

This is not a new idea, I think I read about it on the dot some time ago.
But it would be a way to improve usability without removing anything, for a
change :)

The problem is that we are now in string freeze...
So we'll have to wait.

Luciano