List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE Janitors (QA?) Proposal
From:       "Carlos Leonhard Woelz" <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2003-12-20 21:50:26

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 10:16:00 -0500, "Dawit A." <adawit@kde.org> said:
> On Saturday 20 December 2003 09:01, Russell Miller wrote:
> > I've no complaints with the idea, but I think "janitors" is probably a
> > term that some will shy away from.  Not that there is anything
> > dishonorable with blue collar work, quite the contrary, but it does lend
> > to an image that some talented people will shy away from.
> >
> > I think that perhaps "KDE Quality Support Team" might be a good name.
>
> I doubt the name would be a problem at all. IMHO it perfectly matches
> what the
> proposal is advocating. "KDE Quality Support..." can easily be confused
> with
> KDE QA which the author already stated is not the intent of his proposal.
> At
> least not at this point. Besides the name resembles the "linux kernel
> janitorial" team which basically does similar functions but for the
> kernel...

I like KDE Quality Support very much. It is indeed the core of the
proposal, to care for the quality of the apps. Maybe if we have a clear
explanation that this is _no_ QA, we can keep this name. And KDE
janitors, well, I find it not bad, as I know about the Kernel Janitors.
But I would really like better a sexier name like KDE Quality Support,
nomething people would be proud to put in their signatures. I think it
_is_ important.
--
  Carlos Leonhard Woelz
  carloswoelz@imap-mail.com