List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: mousing menus
From:       "Mike Maxwell" <maxwell () ldc ! upenn ! edu>
Date:       2003-12-15 19:11:34

Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
> Well...this was one of the big reasons for KDE in the first place...a
> consistant toolkit so that all the apps felt and behaved the same.

At the risk of dragging out an alrady overly long thread, then, let me
suggest a couple things to do with the keyboard that could be improved in
the way of consistency among kde apps (and forgive me if some of them
already work that way--I may be confusing kde and non-kde apps):

Select with shift-arrow and shift-home/end (like in MsWindows--and notice
that this pertains both to texts and objects; Konqueror seems to have a very
puzzling behavior, which I can't quite follow--sometimes the down arrow
moves and changes the selection, sometimes it moves and adds to the
selection, and sometimes it just moves some kind of dotted box without
actually changing the selection)

Move by word with control left- and right-arrow in apps where this makes
sense (this can be set up for at least some apps using xmodmap and .inputrc,
but it should be easier)

Delete word-left with control-backspace

...and combining some of these, select word by shift-control left- and
right-arrow (and select to end/beginning of line with shift-home and
shift-end)

    Mike Maxwell