List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: KMail annoyance
From:       William Leese <william () leese ! nl>
Date:       2003-12-13 21:18:09

Simon Perreault wrote:
> On December 13, 2003 15:28, Frans Englich wrote:
>
>>Indeed "many" users will miss it but it is only a fraction of how many who
>>will get annoyed by it - just as Casey Allen. We could easily assume those
>>who want it represent 1% out of the total userbase(the remaining - 99%).
>>*Which* group should adapt to the other one?
>

> None. With a "don't ask me anymore" checkbox, everyone is happy. Case closed.

Hmm, so Konqueror should ask when someone clicks on a link for the first
time if the user wants to open the link in a tab? And when the user
types an invalid URL into the addressbar he/she should be asked if they
want to use web shortcuts?

I don't like the idea of having the user answer question after question
just because there might be this wonderful feature they're missing out on.

   - William