List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMail annoyance
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () softhome ! net>
Date:       2003-12-12 22:09:29

Dirk Mueller (fös, desember 12 2003 16:39)
> So, to make your long rant short, you're asking for the "don't ask again"
> checkbox.

No...that would be handy but I'd rather have this removed, or disabled by
default.

> BTW, I miss the patch attached to your email. Did the feature not work for
> you?

What are you talking about?

Henrique Pinto (fös, desember 12 2003 15:30)
> Please don't remove it! It's one of the best features of KMail for me, and
> probably for many others. If you don't like it, disable it in the KMail
> Configuration Dialog. Actually, it may make sense to have that feature
> disabled as default (I'm CC-ing the KMail list), as that feature may be
> annoying for most users.

Yes, because most users (>99%) are not developers.  I don't care if it stays,
as long as the >99% of users who will never care about this feature never
have to see it.  And developers really ought to be smart enough to remember
attaching files (try always attaching the file before you begin typing or as
soon as you think of it, not after the message is done), so I think this is
just silly bloat.

(not yet subscribed to the kmail list, so please CC),

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
cshobe@softhome.net
> KDE toolbar icons
> Kopete user interface, usability, and testing
> X11 Icelandic Dvorak keymaps
* (website coming soon)