On November 28, 2003 18:18, Ingo Klöcker wrote: > The question now is whether it's necessary to revert the behavior to the > old behavior until the new behavior is improved like above. The only > valid reason for this is that probably many users always used Reply in > case they wanted to reply to a mailing-list and that this worked for > them up to now. A few people complained about this on kmail@kde.org and > kde-pim@kde.org and there were also already 1 or 2 bugs reports about > this. Of course, only those people complain that don't like the change. > Those who like the new much more logical behavior don't speak up. > Therefore I'd like to know what the usability team thinks about this. Usability-wise, I think it should be reverted to the original behavior temporarily, as you suggested. The first reason being, as you said, that people are accustomed to the old behavior (which *is* a big deal). The second reason is that when I click reply, I expect the mail client to respect mail standards. If the client ignores the reply-to in some cases and in others not, then I will be confused. That's not good usability. -- Simon Perreault http://nomis80.org "If voting could really change things, it would be illegal." --Excerpt from a Diebold Election Systems internal memo. _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability