List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: How about drawers
From:       Harijs Buss <hbush () apollo ! lv>
Date:       2003-11-29 12:09:59

On Saturday 29 November 2003 13:36, Phiilipp Weissenbacher rakstija:
> >They were implemented long time ago in OS/2. To be honest, I could live
> >without them as well ;-)
>
> Why? I think tey are quite usefull (e.g. for a mail app to show/hide the
> in/outbox)

I prefer separate additional windows quickly opening in pre-defined (saved)
places on the desktop. In my case they will often partly overlap with parent
window they were opened from. Drawers are in reality just special kind of
additional windows which are sticked by edge to parent window.

In other words, they are normal windows but "positionally challenged".

I would prefer windows which are freely positioned and remember their
positions and  size. KDE 3.1 is better in this aspect compared to somehow
chaotic window behavior in 3.0.

Harry