List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: 3.2 Beta bugs and comments.
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-11-25 20:41:46

Gary L. Greene, Jr. wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 November 2003 01:54 am, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Now that I have undated my CVS, the menus and Control Center are now
>>fixed.
>>
>>Two problems which I have found:
>>
>>1.	I haven't been able to find any GUI in Control Center modules where I
>>can set the text color for the desktop.  That white type on the gray
>>background was real easy to read. :-)
>>
>>NOTE: editing the: "kdesktoprc" file still sets it OK.
>

> Try the Advanced button on the Desktop background kcm.

Yes, it is there, but this doesn't seem like a very logical place for it.

The colors should be in the "Colors" KCM module.  I would suggest that the current widget
be the first tab: "Scheme" and a second tab: "Desktop" be added for the desktop colors.

Note: if at some time in the future there are other colors that need to be changed
separate from the main scheme, this tab can be changed to: "Other" or perhaps it should be
called that to start with.

This leaves the question of where to place the option: "Enable Shadow".  IMO, the best
place for this is on the: "Miscellaneous" tab in: "Appearance & Themes => Style".

--
JRT