List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: faxing nightmare
From:       Richard Spindler <csad2715 () uibk ! ac ! at>
Date:       2003-11-22 15:42:32

Zitat von Krisztian Mark Szentes <office@produktivIT.com>:
> What I wish is a better integration of service configuration into the KDE
> framework, i.e. configuration within Kcontrol. I saw some efforts put in
> there, e.g. kdesambaplugin, but they are not part of kde.org. I plan to
> code a Squid, a Postfix and a Cyrus plugin once I got acquainted to the
> KDE programming environment. If anyone can point me to a good (KDE?)
> library to work with plaintext config files I would be happy.

No, I' won't point you to a library to work with plaintext config files, instead
I'll point you to a general unix-configuration framework: config4gnu
http://config4gnu.sourceforge.net/

It's a backend, that aims to provide access to different unix-configfile formats
through a unified xml-style middle-layer.

config4gnu is in a rather early development-stage, but It looks very promising, they
have a bunch of code that seems to work, and I would be very interested to be
part of a project to provide a usable frontend to config4gnu for KDE.

anyone interested ?

I started to collect some links on my personal Wiki that would be interesting
with this kind of stuff too(Xfree-config). Feel free to add links there.
http://m7s02.vlinux.de/cgi-bin/awki.cgi/ConfigFrameworks

-Richard