List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: ideas for easier file handling/navigating/opening
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-11-20 11:43:33

I just wan't to point to the interesting (of course I've contributed to
it ;-))
thread on kdedevelopers
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/view/237

about file handling and the possible use of Reiser4 in combination of KDE. The
consensus of this thread was that it would be a good idea to add Google kind
of functionalities on your local filesystem with two basic functions :
- full-text search
- history (a quick way to which files I've worked on last week)
- diff and cvs  functions implemented for the file system

Cheers,
Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org