List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Include alphanumerical icons
From:       Roland Seuhs <roland.seuhs () hasos ! com>
Date:       2003-11-16 18:41:47

Hi,

I think it would be very useful to have alphanumerical icons - icons that just show a \
letter or a digit - available as a category in the default installation.

If you install non-KDE software or want to have icons for scripts or folders etc. \
these icons often come in handy. Of course I lose these icons everytime I move to \
another machine or move the configuration to another installation. That's why I think \
some standardized alphanumeric icons would be great and one hassle less.

Sure, such icons aren't great artwork, but they get the job done.

There are numerous iconsets with alphanumeric icons, \
http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=7214 is one of them (the alphanumeric \
icons are not stylized and are in the "extra" category) they just have to be included \
in the KDE default installation.

Thanks,

Roland

--
The Consultant's Curse:
        When the customer has beaten upon you long enough, give him