List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Toolbars Konquror (File Management Profiles)
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () coltec ! ufmg ! br>
Date:       2003-11-11 16:33:26

Em Ter 11 Nov 2003 14:13, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:

> On Tuesday 11 November 2003 04:17, Christoph Niemann wrote:
> > maybe it's time to have a look at the Konquror's toolbars (despite of
> > what Aaron said).
>
> to explain why i'm not keen at looking at Konqi's toolbars right now:
>
> it's easier to get changes to the toolbars of less complex apps in prior to
> the 3.2 release at this point in the release cycle. messing with Konqi's
> toolbars is a next version thing; some aspects may even be a KDE4 thing as
> it may require some changes to how Konqi and/or the toolbars work.
>
> unlike most other apps, konqi's toolbars are a reflection of its own very
> flexible View Profiles and massive use of kparts and plugins.

That's why I think all major toolbar changes should occur post 3.2, as said in
my original message.

BTW, Thank you very much for your work with KMail toobars!

One more thing: I have yet to take a look at KToolBar sources, but I guess
that adding the possibility of setting a "priority" for buttons isn't hard.

That way, we can show text for some buttons (the ones with higher priority, as
there's space).

What do you think?

--
	Henrique Pinto