List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Toolbars Konquror (File Management Profiles)
From:       Benoit Walter <b.walter () free ! fr>
Date:       2003-11-11 11:55:05

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 12:17, Christoph Niemann wrote:
> View Modes
> ----------
(...)
> In the menu, all these views are grouped in one submenu. Thus, I suggest to
> group all different view-modes under one button.

I agree, that kind of selection toolbar buttons is not easy to handle. It is
great for actions such as "up", "forward" and "backward", but annoying when
switching between views. I think the separation between icon views (using
KIconView) and list views (using KListView) is only logical from the
developper point of view because of the widgets being used.

> Stop
> ----
> I am unsure about the Stop-button. Are there cases, where it is sensible to
> stop loading a file in file management view and yet have part of the file
> displayed? Otherwise, one could just click on a different file/folder or
> whatever and thus stop loading a file. The the stop button could be
> dropped, as well.

It is useful while thumnails are being generated, then you can stop generation
with the Stop button.