List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Toolbars
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-10 0:22:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 10 November 2003 00:47, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 09 November 2003 04:34, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > kmcomposer.rc: What I don't understand is why you want to remove
> > the sign icon but not the encrypt icon from the toolbar. I guess
> > because IYHO people normally don't disable signing once they've
> > enabled it. Still I think signing and encryption should both be
> > visible. After all the signing icon not only serves as action to
> > dis-/enable signing but also as indicator that signing is enabled.
> > Furthermore signing and encryption definitely complement one
> > another. It would IMHO be odd if one of the two actions was
> > missing. I'm okay with the other changes.
>
> not only is signing something one usually sets up once and leaves
> that way, but encrypting is different in another way: signing relates
> to YOUR identiy while encrypting relates to THEIR identity. so the
> choice to encrypt or not really complements the action of sending an
> email TO someone, as who you send it to usually dictates whether you
> encrypt it or not.

Well, I'm actually sending quite a lot messages unsigned, i. e. all my
replies to bug reports because bugzilla anyway strips of signatures
(although it doesn't manage to remove clearsigning signatures
completely). So I definitely need the signing icon regularly which of
course means that I'm biased. If all other KMail developers are okay
with removing the signing icon then I won't object. But first let's
hear what they have to say.

Regards,
Ingo