List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Toolbars
From:       William Leese <william () leese ! nl>
Date:       2003-11-09 20:25:51

Henrique Pinto wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I've just noticed that
>http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=Toolbar+Review
>contains the beggining of exactly what I was thinking. A List of both
>general and specific issues concerning toolbars in KDE applications.
>
>My "plan" is to complete that list (with your help) and then make a
>complete proposal regarding those issues to kde-core-devel (or
>kde-usability-devel, if I correctly understood what is it for), alongside
>with patches for them.

- Turn text on by default globally. (e.g, kcontrol->style->misc->Toolbar
Text Under Icons or Alongside icons)

I think there are enough situations where this isn't needed, think media
players, browsers and other simple applications.

Applications with few and 'familiar' (play, back, forward, eject, etc) -
easy associable with their function - buttons should use "Icons Only"
instead to reduce visual noise.

- William Leese