List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Default for "forward" in Kmail (Was: Re: Idea for new Sidebar
From:       Gordon Tyler <gordon () doxxx ! net>
Date:       2003-11-03 17:32:20

Jorge Adriano Aires wrote:

> Here is an example of (what from my point of view) should be an inlined
> message :) (sorry Richard) :)
> Yes it shows inlined *if* I'm using kmail with Smart attachment policy.
> But now what? How do I answer it? How can I quote the original message and
> type my comments inline? What did I gain with preserving the original
> message? why do I need the headers for?...
>
> If it had been sent inlined, I'd just hi reply, trim unnecessary stuff (if
> any) and type my comments inline.

As any decent mail client (i.e. Thunderbird) would do, it was displayed
inline with a separator and when I hit Reply, the forwarded message was
included and quoted automatically.

Here's a suggestion: By default, Forward uses the multipart message
method of incuding the forwarded message. In the composer window, the
user should be able to click/right-click on the "attachment" that
represents the forward message and choose the "Inline" option which will
add the forwarded message as inline text into the message body and
remove the attachment.

Ciao,
Gordon