List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Default for "forward" in Kmail
From:       Jorge Adriano Aires <jadrian () mat ! uc ! pt>
Date:       2003-11-02 17:51:53

> I was hoping that someone more qualified than me will respond, but it
> obviously isn't happening.
>
> KMail *does not* forward e-mail messages as attachments! It forwards them
> in a standard, RFC-compliant way and it forwards them inline. If you look
> at the source of a forwarded message, you'll clearly see in its header a
> line that says

> If certain broken, non-compliant mail readers (*cough* Outlook *cough*)
> disregard this instruction and display a message as an attachment - it's
> their fault. If you want to see how a forwarded message should properly be
> displayed, forward any message to yourself and open it in KMail.

I just did, it shows as an attchment.
Using the latest stable (3.1.4).

I don't have much technical knowledge on the subject. All I know is that the
default behaviour (meaning what happens when you click Forward), is to open a
new message with *an attachment* saying forwarded message, 7bit encoding and
type "email message". When I recieve such a message (or take a look at it in
the oubox/drafts folder), it shows a message with an attachment. If I have
"view attachment as icons" selected then it shows an email msg icon, if "view
attachments" inline is selected it shows it inside a box saying "encapsulated
message".

Am I missing something here?

J.A.