On Sunday 19 October 2003 00:10, Andreas Bayer wrote: > Hi, > > there are several applications which can use/display/edit the same > document-type. No App has all needed features. > Think of a function to switch between Applications without saving and > closing the document in old prog and opening the file in the new > Application by hand. All changes and the current position were > transfered without saving it to current file. So the user see only > change the menu/iconbar. To my knowledge, this could be done already with KParts. For instance, KWrite already lets you choose which text editing part you want to use to edit your documents. All you need is a KPart container, (Konqueror is one), and lots of KParts. It could be done exactly as you describe I should think. You may see this kind of functionality eventually, although I can't see anyone working towards it deliberately I'm afraid, not unless you fancy helping turning everything into a KPart. This is kind of happening already AFAICT, but I'm not sure if it's technically possible for everything to be a KPart. Still, nice ideas, although possibly too general for this list. Also as a disclaimer I have no experience with making KParts so I could be wrong about things, but I thought you'd appreciate the response. Max -- http://www.methylblue.com/filelight/ - Filelight for KDE _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability