List:       kde-usability
Subject:    khtml image context menu
From:       Leo Savernik <l.savernik () aon ! at>
Date:       2003-10-06 15:19:01

Hello,

This is a follower about khtml context menu on images. In the first post[1] I
proposed to move the most used item "Save Image As" out of the image submenu
into the top level menu.

However, there's the opinion that either all image related items are fully
contained within the image submenu, or that the submenu is abolished. I
propose the latter, especially as it contains only four items that can be
easily moved into the top-level context menu without making it considerably
larger.

This is the old context menu for images:
Back
Reload
- -
Duplicate in New Window
Duplicate in New Tab
- -
Add to Bookmarks
- -
Open With >
- -
Image >
        Save Image as
        Send Image
        Copy Image Location
        View Image

I propose the following new layout:
Back
Reload
- -
Duplicate in New Window
Duplicate in New Tab
- -
Add to Bookmarks
- -
Save Image As
Send Image
Copy Image Location
View Image

This change will not only make the context-specific information much more
easily reachable, but also not bloat the context-menu to an extreme extent.
The "Open with" entry should be removed as it doesn't operate on the image (as
a user could naively, and rightfully expect) but on the whole page.

mfg
	Leo

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-usability&m=106484903711669&w=2