List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: favicons in taskbar
From:       Roger Larsson <roger.larsson () skelleftea ! mail ! telia ! com>
Date:       2003-09-22 6:13:39

On Sunday 21 September 2003 22.48, Simon Edwards wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2003 23:55, Gérard Delafond wrote:
> > At this moment, kicker shows konqueror's favicons instead of konqueror's
>
> icon.
>
> > I think this is confusing. A program should always show the same icon.
> > In the screenshot, I could think at a glance I am using KBabel, but I am
>
> using
>
> > Konqueror, on I18n page.
>
> From a "document centric" point of view, displaying the document's icon
> would make the most sense.
>
> I can only speak for myself, but I like the icons. It makes it much easier
> to find the prog that I'm looking for in the taskbar. If only that other
> OS+browser did this. Version 5.5 doesn't and it drives me nuts at work,
> since I always have about 10 browser windows open at a time and can't find
> anything. :-(
>
> So unless you have real evidence that people are having trouble with konq's
> behaviour, I think it should stay.

When several konqueror windows are grouped it is a problem.
You are looking for:
* a specific icon, but it is hidden.
* a konqueror icon, but there is none.

My suggestion is that grouped konquerors should use the default konqueror
icon. Click on it to see all alternatives.

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteċ