List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Making grey lists easier to understand
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2003-09-01 18:05:45

On Monday 01 September 2003 11:22, Gérard Delafond wrote:
> -the more general case of list depending on other lists.
> In this case, I don't agree with the check in front of the line
> (x) Text will run around the frame
> This check just needs one more click, which is just time consuming

The concept in action here is "progressive disclosure". It provides a way of
simplifying the interface by hiding (in this case greying out) options and
information that isn't relevant or needed yet.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/