List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Keyboard focus woes
From:       Edvard Majakari <edvard.majakari () staselog ! com>
Date:       2003-08-27 13:06:01

First I'd like to thank you KDE folks for an excellent 3.1.3 release. It
really works nice and allows people like my dear ol' mother to use Linux
:)

However, I've run into a minor problem I can't find solution for. I used
to use enlightenment, and there, whenever I switched focus using keyboard
(Alt+Tab) from window to another. When I cycled through windows, whatever
window was focused at the moment got focus, and it was easy to see which
windows was focused looking at the titlebar.

However, in KDE (more precisely, kwm?) I'm presented a grey rectangle
showing an icon of all open windows in the current desktop - and when I
have multiple terminals open, it is often very hard to get focus right,
because all the descriptions are the same (not including the number).

In enlightenment, this feature was called something like "switch focus
immediately on change" or something. Is similar possible in KDE? At least
an option in behaviour would be nice!

currently-using-mouse-to-focus-windows-which-is-not-nice,

Ed

--
# Edvard Majakari		Software Engineer
# PGP PUBLIC KEY available    	Soli Deo Gloria!