--- Roland Seuhs wrote: > First, cookie-popups are turned on by default on every default > KDE-install I know. Second, I don't advocate removing that feature, > I just say it should be off by default. (Maybe I wasn't clear on > that) They shouldn't be turned off, but replaced by more userfriendly warning messages. What about: "Privacy Protection: Some websites collect information about. This information is used to change the website to use your preferences (language, passwords, etcetera) the next time you visit it. But this feature is often abused by advertising agencies to collect information about you and your web surfing habits. Do you want Konqueror to allow websites to store information (so-called "cookies")? [ ] Yes [X] Ask confirmation for each cookie (recommended) [ ] Yes, but delete the information when I close Konqueror [ ] No" When the user chooses "No", a warning messagebox shows up: "A lot of websites (including webmail and subscription-based services) won't work if you do not allow cookies! Are you sure you want to continue?" r __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability