List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE3 defaults
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () lagoaminas ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-08-16 22:41:47

On Saturday 16 August 2003 16:49, William Leese wrote:
> >>- konqueror ('Home'): turn off underline filenames
> >>Cosmetical. Removes some visual clutter. You could argue the underlining
> >>makes it obvious that a single click is needed. However, KDE provides
> >>sufficient feedback when clicking an icon.
> >
> >I don't agree with this. Underlining the text makes it more consistent
> > (W3).
>
> Consistent with what, the web or the rest of KDE? I recognise the
> advantages of using www interface elements, but KDE doesn't use any, so
> why this? A hyperlink and an icon+label are different objects with
> different functions.

They may be different, but studies done at my school during the transition
phase from WinNT to KDE showed that users had problems with single click when
underline is not active. Having underline, they (probably) associate with web
links, and no problem with single click occurs.

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@coltec.ufmg.br