List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kdebase/kdesktop
From:       John Firebaugh <jfirebaugh () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-13 3:13:29

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 09:55 am, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Well, I wasn't the one who created this. I wouldn't mind dumping the
> kdesktop specific option, but something tells me there would be enough
> people who would mind. Having them independent is no option either. And
> given I'm generally bad at designing good UI, I have no idea how to make it
> clear they are dependent, when they're in completely different places. Any
> idea?

I suggest removing one of the options, and in place of the other, the
following controls:

Menubar at the top of the screen (MacOS-style):
o Never
o Only for the desktop menu
o All applications

Someone might want to play with the wording of those three options a bit, but
in general this should cure both sources of confusion regarding the available
options.

-John