I believe there is a usability problem with the panel in KDE which may appear trivial at first but is in fact quite a problem for new users. The problem is, when deleting a panel icon, there is no confirmation for the delete. The icon will be deleted without a dialog appearing which asks whether you REALLY want to delete it. This behavior is (1) inconsistent with the behavior of desktop icons which correctly ask if you really want to delete the item, and (2) crippling for new users who accidentally delete the K Menu (3) in general poor UI design since all safe and full proof programs should prompt the user when a file or something is being deleted. In situation (2), it is very possible to accidentally delete the K Menu by simply right clicking on it, then placing the mouse cursor over the "Remove Start Applications Menu" and finally clicking. I have seen users accidentally delete the K Menu and then they don't know how it "disappeared". They don't know how to put it back on the menu, and they don't know how to do anything because it is through the menu that they launch applications, log off, etc... Recovery in this situation is not very likely, and off course the user blames the computer. I hope that some of you will agree. Cheers David -- // Department of Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics // Columbia University _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability