List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Context menu debate
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2003-08-12 19:48:54

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 02:47:55PM +0200, Kai Lahmann wrote:
> well, if I rightclick, I see _very_ much useless entries! Let's see:
> up -> useless
> back -> might be opional
> forward -> same

These two are good things.
> ---
> 3 open entries -> eh, open what? useless
> add to bookmarks -> better "bookmark this page"

Better " Bookmark this location" - this string can be used everywhere
- in browser context and file manager context.
> ---
> open with -> useless

Good with links,images, plugins - in plain text useless.

> preview in -> useless

Could be integrated with "Open with"

> actions -> ah, here is print hidden (maybe the most important one in the
> menu!), just replace it by a "print" entry

Agree.

> ---
> copy to -> bad named. "Save page to..."
> ---
> select all -> ok
> ---
> stop animations -> animations? where? and why can I stop them again and again?
> (should be disabled, if there are none)
> ---
> view document source -> ok

where can I define viewer?

> view document info -> ok

It should be improved. Please look at Mozilla.

> ---
> security -> uhm, there's none for http. should be disabled then.

Greyed out or put in document info.

> set encoding -> ok

No. This leads to very, very long submenus. Having it in main menu is
enough.

m.