List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Recents apps in KDE menu confusing for users.
From:       Ralph Gottesbuehren <gottesbuehren () web ! de>
Date:       2003-08-11 23:19:25

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 00:45, Kai Lahmann wrote:
> Am Tuesday 12 August 2003 00:42 schrieb Ralph Gottesbuehren:
>
> "letztbenutzte Programme"

> "meistbenutzte Programme"

Ok, point for you :-)
But how would you translate same string to russian or whatever language you
choose.
My point is, that it's dangerous to have verbs in such a prominent place,
'cause you don't know what it's translated in one of the 53 (?) languages,
KDE supports.

The whole KDE-menu has nounces as entries for that reason.

> but then we can leave it at all: the string was added to make it visible,
> that this part of the menu is dynamic.

No, you don't need to leave it. The Usability-Report by relevantive
critizised, that the two parts of the K-menu couldn't easily be distinguished
and that some entries appeared double.
It was not written, that the users didn't know, that the upper menu is
dynamic. (Hey, they will see that it's dynamic early enough ;-)

Good night,
Ralph