List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Recents apps in KDE menu confusing for users.
From:       Ralph Gottesbuehren <gottesbuehren () web ! de>
Date:       2003-08-11 17:39:12

On Sunday 10 August 2003 15:46, Waldo Bastian wrote:

I've made an mockup of my K-Menu (from Mandrake 9.1) with some changes, too -
mostly for stylish reasons.

As you can see, I have changed the "Recent Apps"-Title to "Quickstart Menu"
because you can choose the behaviour of this menu between "show recent apps"
and "show most used apps" in the panel-preferences.
That would mean, the menu-title had to change dynamicly, depending on that
preference.
So IMO "quickstart" is better.

The other changes (inverted and shadowed text, darker background behind
"quickstart", broader sidebar) are made with gimp,  but also possible with
some KDE-code that exists already.

Hope somebody likes it.

With friendly regards,
Ralph