Le Dimanche 10 Août 2003 14:07, Henrique Pinto a écrit : > > And, btw, how does your grandma feels when she discovers a menu entry > changed it's place? In my school, we disabled the most frequently used > applications list because users were getting confused by menu entries not > being in the same place. > > How would your proposal eliminate the "my menu changed w/o telling me" > problem? It is one of the most common problems I know now. In my school, I > had to disable dynamic menu entries everywhere in KDE, because most of our > userbase (around 600 people) was getting confused by it. On some other systems, I used to use -and to write- some programs where menuitems changed their name when the state of the object they were acting on changed. Example : an "Open" menu becomes a "Close" menu when the object is open. I never saw such menu entries in KDE. I think they are more convenient and intuitive than an "Open" menu + a check in front of it. Gerard _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability