On Sunday 10 August 2003 21:00, William Leese wrote: > Simon Edwards wrote: > The names do not matter. Afterall, why would a normal user have to > browse anything other than their home directory? errr... because floppys, cdroms, shared drives (think duel boot), and network drives generally don't appear in thier home directory. > You'll likely find that > every reason a user might want to has to do with a faulty configuration, > something that shouldn't be dealt with by the user anyway.. Well, it is the current state of affairs at the moment with Linux distros. > in the ideal > world. I was refering to this world unfortunately. The one where my GF still has trouble finding /mnt/data/. (For some more OT action, read this: http://psychology.wichita.edu/surl/usabilitynews/51/menu.htm and think about how it applies to the current KControl and the 'flat' kcontrol design that was recently discussed here. (Hint:Flat indexes appear to be 30% faster in this report! ;-) enjoy kids )) cheers, -- Simon Edwards | Guarddog Firewall simon@simonzone.com | http://www.simonzone.com/software/ Nijmegen, The Netherlands | "ZooTV? You made the right choice." _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability