On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 06:08:24PM +0200, Sander Devrieze wrote: > My thoughts about how it should be: > o clicking on a file opens the file in the default viewer. Don't agree. There should be two actions: Open - for editing file (changing its contents) Preview - only viewing file In setting user could choose which option is default for LMB (default: Preview) > o remove "Preview in Embeddable Image Viewer" from the RMB menu: it's a > duplicate of the actions in the submenu of "Open in" Yes. > o Gimp and other apps should be under "Open with" (which has also a > "Others..." entry) Some idea: we can make from this list (also for other > files) a "most used applications list" with the most used app on the place > with the fastest access (next to "Open with"). Limit this to x applications > and the "Others..." option. When this list is first used some standard > applications are showed (we have to do then tests for which apps are the most > popular for which file types!) Why? In 90% of filetypes there is no more than 5 apps to use. Even with text/* apps this list shouldn't be very long. In this list should be all apps registered in: "Edit file type" dialog. The only problem can be how recognize non-kde apps as suitable for editing current filetype. m. _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability