List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Recently used programs
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-05 16:35:49

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 01:49, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 01:06:20AM +0200, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> > Le Mardi 5 Ao?t 2003 00:52, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau a écrit :
> > > There might perhaps be added an option in KPersonalizer like:
> > > ( ) Smart user
> > > ( ) Dumb user
> >
> > A better solutin would be for KPersonalizer to be smarter and to guess
> > the resolution of your screen and propose an adpated theme for 800x600.
> > To be able to use with some comfort KDE on a 800x600 screen, you need
> > today to tweak a lot (diminish the size of the fonts, change the KMenu,
> > use a minimal window theme, etc...).
>
> Great idea not only for KPersonalizer. Maybe there should be some
> routine for all applications to check resolution and set proper font
> size and whatever should be done to better use of low-res monitors (or
> high-res like 1600x1200).

This also would solve another problem we described in the report. After being
launched most applications only covered one fourth of the screen size and
some people didn't see, that not the whole application was shown. They didn't
even get the idea to increase window size or use the scrollbar.

Greetings,
eva