Hello, I have 29.07 snapshot of kde. Despite recent discussion about RMBs, they are still cluttered. Here are my thoughts: 1. Directory Open in New Window " OK Open in Background Tab " These two can be reduced to one, Open in New Tab " configurable in Settings Cut " OK Copy " Paste " Rename " OK Move To Trash " These two should be reduced to one Delete " Add to Bookmarks " OK Open With > " [1] Preview With > " [2] Actions > " [3] Edit file type " Go away! Properties " OK 1, 2 IMO unncecessary. Eg. this is easier (and probably faster) to click and choose Cervisia from toolbar. The samo for other possibilities 3 Currently there is (on my system) "Open Terminal Here". Is this really necessary? I can imagine situations when it is needed but I don't like it. Now we have: Open in New Window Open in New Tab Cut Copy Paste Rename Delete Add to Bookmarks Actions > Properties 2. White Space in Directory Create New " OK Up " OK Back Forward Open in New Window " OK Open in Background Tab " These two can be reduced to one Open in New Tab Paste " OK Add to Bookmarks " OK Open With > " [1] Preview With > " [2] Actions > " [3] Edit file type " Go away! Properties " OK 1, 2, 3 As above Now we have: Create New Up Back Forward Open in New Window Open in New Tab Paste Add to Bookmarks Actions > Properties 3. Non-image file in directory view Open in New Window " OK Open in Background Tab " These two can be reduced to one Open in New Tab Cut " OK Copy " Rename " OK Move To Trash " These two should be reduced to one Delete " Add to Bookmarks " OK Open With > " [1] Preview With > " [2] Actions > " OK Edit file type " Go away! Properties " OK 1 - No submenu - Open with this what is defined in MIME type center 2 - Preview in embedded viewer Now we have: Open in New Window Open in New Tab Cut Copy Rename Delete Add to Bookmarks Open Preview in This Tab Actions > Properties 4. Image file in directory view Open in New Window " OK Open in Background Tab " These two can be reduced to one Open in New Tab Cut " OK Copy " Rename " OK Move To Trash " These two should be reduced to one Delete " Add to Bookmarks " OK Open With ... " [1] Gimp " [2] Preview in Embeddable Image Viewer " [3] Actions > " OK Edit file type " Go away! Properties " OK 1 - Why? It is already defined in next item. 2 - Shouldn't it be just "Open"? Now we can reduce these two items to one 3 - OK but name is tooooooooooo long. Preview is enough. Now we have: Open in New Window Open in New Tab Cut Copy Rename Delete Add to Bookmarks Open Preview in This Tab Actions > Properties 5. Image in embedded viewer ack Up " OK Back Forward Open in New Window " It is already opened in Konq Open in Background Tab " Open in New Tab Add to Bookmarks " OK Open With ... " As above Gimp " Save Image As... " OK Send " OK? Select All " ??????? [0] Stop Animations " OK Copy Image Location " ??? [1] View Image (title.png) " ??? [2] View Document Source " Heh... [3] View Document Information " that would be good but... [4] Security " OK? Set Encoding " End everything is clear. Many items in this menu is coming from opening of web sites. It should be make different if opening from file:// or from http:// 0 - for what? Unnecessary 1 - Where copying? not understandable - unnecessary 2 - We are already viewing it 3 - Source for Image? 4 - This would be good but dialog offers no valuable information. Please improve dialog: size, any embedded information, add possibility to meta info. Now we have: Up " OK Back Forward Add to Bookmarks " OK Open Save Image As... " OK Send " OK? Stop Animations " OK View Document Information " that would be good but... [4] Security " OK? Uff. I am tired. If anybody is interested I will write about RMB in html document and few others aspects :) m. _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability