List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Root privilages
From:       "Luke Chatburn" <luke () linuxcomment ! com>
Date:       2003-07-26 9:34:45

Hi all...

I was wondering whether anyone might comment on the feasibility of fixing
something in Konqi (and possibly the file selector). To my method of
working, it is a usability problem...

Essentially, most days I will run into a problem where I need to copy a file
from my home directory into /var or somewhere else. Now, the trouble is, I
won't have privilages to do so. I can open the Super-user Konqy from my
KMenu, but that takes a few seconds to find, start up, etc. and it breaks my
workflow somewhat. Would it be possible, instead of giving me the privilages
dialog to give me one which allows me to one-time input my root password or
login details for another user for that task?

It's not a big thing, just annoying me a little :)

-Luke