List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Update on Control Center
From:       Ralph Gottesbuehren <gottesbuehren () web ! de>
Date:       2003-07-16 17:30:44

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 22:41, Sander Devrieze wrote:

> It is. :p Most people will leave the window open if they go back the
> KControl and after setting a lot they will have to click in every module
> window on the close icon...is that usable?

where do you know that from? it sounds like an unproved statement

> But if you guys can't live
> whithout pop-ups :p I will claim the following:
> o A very biiiiiiiiiig close button at the bottom/top/... of every module.

- dialog needs no "close"-button, but could close automatically by pressing
"OK" (OK means: Yes, I'm satisfied with my choices, that's all for now)

- pressing "close" button leaves the user unsure: has the dialog accepted my
choices? or did I cancel them with "close"

These are not my thoughts, but they are right for my opinion. I suggest
everyone to read the gnome-usability-list from time to time. They discussed
similar problems long ago and have found some good arguments and solutions.
(yes I know, that this is a kde-list)

> o Making KControl window itself not clickable when a module pop-up is on
> the screen.

Jupp, good idea.
But very bad for the "...most people... " you mentioned above, who  open 25
dialogs everytime they use kcontrol , because they are so irresolute what
they should do          ;-) (just kidding)

Greets,
Ralph