List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Konqueror delete unification
From:       Adrian Bool <aid () logic ! org ! uk>
Date:       2003-07-16 8:17:20

Hi,

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 00:31, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 July 2003 19:59, David Hugh-Jones wrote:
> > The RMB menu is a problem. It contains vastly too many items. See the
> > konqueror usability report for exact details of how many items, but
> > roughly speaking, 20 for a file and 15 for an HTML view.
>
> We may start by removing "Up", "Back" and "Forward". Can you please do
> this?

The RMB menu is suppoed to be context sensitive!  A solution to the feature
spread available at any point in time on this menu is to only show the items
relevent in the current context.

There are three major areras within a Konqueror file manager window,

	1. Object icon
	2. Object name
	3. White space

Clicking on these differenet areas should result in different RMB menus - not
just a greying out of a few options as is the case.

For example, if I click RMB on a file, I want to do something with that file -
I don't want to go back/up etc.  At this point I should be able to delete the
file, or open it with a particular application.

If I click on the name of a file, I'm pretty much going to only want to rename
it.

If I click in white space, I'm not going to want to delete, open etc - I'm
either going to want to create a new object or navigate...

Regards,

aid