List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kdegraphics/kghostview
From:       David Hugh-Jones <hughjonesd () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-07-10 19:08:53

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 17:55, cobaco wrote:

> On 2003-07-10 04:14, David Hugh-Jones wrote:
> not really:
> sometimes you want kicker to show on all desktops, except for one application,
> setting the app to fullscreen and on its own virtual desktop accomplices this
> nicely.
>
> by the way is  it possible to have different panels showing on different
> virtual desktops?

Not AFAIK. It would make for an immense array of configuration
variables.

> > make the title bar less intrusive on maximized
> > windows. I.e., make it only visible when you moved
> > towards the top of the screen. It would then overlay
> > the maximized window.
> >
> seems to me that this a description of the fullscreen by windowmanager
> described below?

Yes, except that my suggestion was to make "maximized" more like
fullscreen, rather than to add another "fullscreen" mode.

But your point about kicker has merit. In general I can see that we
might want to be very focused on any particular window. I agree with
putting fullscreen in the windowmanager. I suggest that it becomes an
option on the right-click titlebar menu.

Dave