List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: konqueror usability report
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () coltec ! ufmg ! br>
Date:       2003-06-25 18:38:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 22 June 2003 14:46, David Hugh-Jones wrote:
> A while back me and some others put together an XML usability report for
> Konqueror, and I submitted it to the usability.kde.org website. I looked
> there recently and couldn't find it. Did it just vanish into the ether?
>
> In any case, here it is and I am thinking that I would like to start
> hacking in some of the simpler proposed changes, and submitting patches
> to the developers. Is there anything in the existing report that you
> would change or add?

I'd like to add one thing: configuring previews is a pain. Example: I'm using
CVS and I'd like to enable previews just for "Images", "Font Files", and
"Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)". The Preview submenu (under the View menu)
shows me, besides the "Show Previews" toggle action, 7 types of files which
can be previewed, all of them being initially selected. In order to configure
previews just for the three types I said before, I need to click on the View
Menu, go to the preview menu and deselect a type exactly four times. Not very
Useable IMO. I'd suggest moving this kind of setting to the configuration
dialog (yes, I know this can be difficult because the thumbgenerator plugins
are loaded dynamically, but that's not impossible).

Just one more thing: I'd like to start working on some of the suggestions, but
I'd like to discuss them on kfm-devel first. Is there any easy way to convert
the xml report file into something easier to read?

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@coltec.ufmg.br