OK, I'm quite happy that people seem to mostly agree that it's time for Keramik to cease being the default theme, and also that we've moved beyond "Use my favorite theme!" to "What critera should a theme satisfy?" I've put up a page: http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/klee/kde/style.html which will collect, with attributions, all of the criteria that people suggest in this thread. Here are some more criteria: + Stable and well-tested + Known to work & long-tested with both KDE and vanilla Qt apps + Must have been in KDE CVS at least N months (I suggest N = 6) before adoption as default theme. + Window decorations should take Fitts's Law into account: + Decos should be large enough to be easily clickable + When the window is jammed against a screen edge, the *last pixel on the screen edge should be clickable* + When the window is jammed against a screen corner, the *last pixel on the screen corner should be clickable* Currently, AFAIK, KStep is the only window deco that obeys the last two sub-bullets of the Fitts's Law requirement, but it's unsuitable for other reasons (the deco icons are weird, and it has only 1-pixel resize handles on the left and right window borders, which I like personally but which are not what people are used to). Note that the Fitts's Law requirement implies that no window deco with curved corners is suitable, unless it captures clicks in the invisible area between the curve and the corner. ~k -- GPG public key id: 0x5CFD1761 (available on a key server near you) _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability