List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Left Handed Pen Computers
From:       Michael Pye <mp () fuckmicrosoft ! com>
Date:       2003-06-24 15:15:45

On Tuesday 24 Jun 2003 3:06 pm, Philippe Fremy wrote:

> Given that we read from left to right, we tend to focus more on the left.

Probably why the scroll bars are on the right. I imagine the scroll bars would
drive me to distraction (well not quite, but they would be annoying) if they
were intrusively placed on the left hand side of all my windows.

Also, think about when automatic scroll bars come on, like now when I write
more than would fit in this composer window. On the left they would shift all
the text across, which would look less than polished...

Just a few thoughts. As a left hander, I can see the logic behind the tablet
PC issue, but personally, give me a wheel mouse any day.

MP