Le Lundi 26 Mai 2003 22:28, Thomas Zander a écrit : > > Ok, quick scetch attached that might not be the end-all, but should at > the very least prove to solve more problems then most ideas I have seen > so far. My problem with you design is it is more or less a widget to choose a template than anything else. A startup dialog is something I see each time I launch KWord, it shouldn't get in my way and give me the options I use the most so that in one or two clicks I can start working. If you watch how a 'non geek' user works with its wordprocessor, you'll see that he uses it for three or four different tasks e.g : write a letter, a paper, a memo etc... These tasks can change from user to user. But having the possibility to choose the labels template in a startup dialog, a template I use once every two years or a fax template when I don't even have a fax machine on my computer is not very elegant and very confusing for a beginner. That is why I think the startup menu should IMHO be task oriented with the possibility of configuring the tasks to adapt for each user. You must also understand that for 'dummies' the Wordprocessor is the only application that they will master and that they won't use the best tool for each little job. For example, I've found that one of my best friends who is a heavy user of MsWord on Mac when he needs to copy a file to a floppy will open it in MsWord and do Save as.. on the floppy. He doesn't know how to use the Finder and he doesn't need it. I think KWord UI should adapt to this kind of users (and therefore have a good way to choose, search and organize your word documents) but I know you disagree with me on this point. But I agree that we shouldn't embed KFind. I've just tried to us it and it is still so slow and clumsy compared to grep :-( Daniel Naber's DesktopDig is the future with it's google-like interface and looks much nicer : http://www.danielnaber.de/desktopdig/art/search.png Cheers, Charles -- cmiramon@kde-france.org http://www.kde-france.org _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability