List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Bug reporting
From:       David Goodenough <david.goodenough () btconnect ! com>
Date:       2003-05-22 10:46:06

When a KDE application (or KDE itself) traps, up pops the stack trace dialog
from which you can select to submit a bug.

This is very good, but it is only part of bug reporting.  There are also
unexpected output type of errors and suggestions, and there is no obvious
way to do this using the bug reporter.  In particular the bug reported
does not appear in any of the menus (I suppose I would expect to find it
either in the Control Centre or in the System menu).

This was prompted by reading an article which can be found at:-

 http://www.linuxandmain.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=357

which talks about encouraging user <-> developer interaction.

Any thoughts?

David