List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: mmb pasting in Konqueror
Date:       2003-05-16 12:20:58

> One of the solution I see is, as I said, to disable the "paste URL on the
> html page opens it automatically" for the html page but enable it on the
> location bar label.

Personally it seems completely unituitive that middle clicking a page should
open the page that is held in the clipboard. I can only see this confusing
new users and not really being much of a usability enhancement. It is hardly
a journey to move up to the location bar, click the clear button and then
middle click and it is certainly more intuitive.

My vote would be to leave the functionality, increase the option bloat of
kcontrol/konqueror preferences and disable "middle clicks opens clipbaord
contents" by default.

Max Howell