On Tuesday 06 May 2003 17:00, Havoc Pennington wrote: > Wouldn't users expect to have to go change the MIME action separately, > in something like a "file types and programs" control panel? > > I don't think users have a sense that there's a master description of > each application that they are editing when they edit their menus. I've quickly tried to get the context of all this, but I must say that Havoc is right here. Editing menus (e.g. the K-menu/Start menu) has nothing to do with what program runs (and how) when you try to open a data file (eg {double,single} clicking on a .txt icon). They are two conceptually different things reguardless of how they are implemented. Please please please make sure that they are kept separate. -- Simon Edwards | Guarddog Firewall simon@simonzone.com | http://www.simonzone.com/software/ Nijmegen, The Netherlands | "ZooTV? You made the right choice." _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability