List:       kde-usability
Subject:    ark tweaks
From:       Stefano Borini <munehiro () ferrara ! linux ! it>
Date:       2003-05-04 20:49:48

referring to an old kde 3.1-rc6 release. don't know if it was fixed in
the meanwhile. my connection doesn't allow me to update frequently.

- saving a file in ark with the filter set as *.zip: if you don't
  specify the file extension in the filename, an annoying popup ask the
  user about saving in the standard .zip format. This is annoying ("save
  and be quiet, stupid program") and also redundant, since the extension
  was already specified in the automatically chosen filter. An
  additional format combobox should be more interesting, giving the
  ability to choose different file formats.

- view should be the default action when a file from the archive list
  is double clicked.