List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: kppp
From:       Poletti Don <Don.Poletti () comverse ! com>
Date:       2003-04-28 12:29:00

While speaking of kppp. I must say that the gnome dialer is better for me
and its one of the
few things I miss when I moved from gnome to kde.

What was nice about the gnome dialer was that you would add it to your
panel and the top 3 things could be accessed through the icon without having
open anything. those being start/stopping the connection and seeing how much
throughput
you were getting.  The applet had a small button and a small graph. This
worked
best at 32x32 but I think it also worked without the graph at 16x16. and of
course you also
used this applet to access the dialog to alter your setting.

With my current kde setup to start the connection I have to click an icon
which I put in the
panel this open a dialog so I have to mouse over and hit the dial button,
since I store the
password I almost never change anything here. The lights tell me if I have
traffic but not at
what rate, while not critical because any download manager lists the rate
its nice. Then
to disconnect I have to click an entirely new icon.

So to summarize
Gnome: Start/Stop done though same place.
KDE: start/stop: requires clicks in 3 different places (kppp icon, dial
button in dial, disconnect through different icon)

Does anyone else agree the gnome applet is a better UI?