List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Docking toolbars to the MacOS style menubar?
From:       William Leese <william () leese ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-15 19:25:41

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 21:14, Michael Pye wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 Apr 2003 7:49 pm, William Leese wrote:
> > I really think this is something that should be default because the
> > initial loss is small compared to the gain. If someone feels responsible
> > for KDE's usability then please comment. Can we get some kind of decision
> > on this?
>
> To have mac style menu bar and also screen edged toolbars by default? No, I
> wouldn't.
>
> Mainly because I find toolbars are quicker to access when they are closer.

I meant the menubar. These functions are less often accessed than toolbar
buttons, which is why it's no problem to detach it from the window. What is
gained is less apparent complexity in the application window and the benefit
of a high level of consistency when interacting with menubar items.

- William