List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Docking toolbars to the MacOS style menubar?
From:       Bob Ramsey <robert-ramsey () uiowa ! edu>
Date:       2003-04-15 18:01:12

At 12:51 PM 4/15/2003,  William Leese wrote:
>One good reason to keep the toolbar docked in it's window is to allow faster
>use of commonly used functions. This works nicely for buttons because they're
>easy to reach (larger than menubar items and more distinguishable).

Yeah, I agree.  But if the user finds it more comfortable to have a certain
portion of the screen always set aside for the toolbars, then as an option
for them it makes sense.  There are some good arguments for the mac way of
doing things. I wouldn't make it the default though, since as an interface
design choice it is no longer commonly used.

bob

Bob Ramsey                       Applications Development & Support II
ph:  1(319)335-9956                              216 Boyd Law Building
fax: 1(319)335-9019                  University of Iowa College of Law
mailto:robert-ramsey@uiowa.edu                Iowa City, IA 52242-1113
For Hardware and Software questions, call 5-9124