List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Feature requests about mouse and keyboard.
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2003-04-12 10:43:17

Hello,

Hopefully this will be useful.

I am missing some basic features.

1. When you set the mouse pointer behavior, you expect to be able to
customize two values: SPEED and ACCELERATION. In KDE you can only set
the acceleration. Why? The absence of the speed option is still
surprising to me (it is somewhat secondary with respect to speed!)

Rationale: I need no acceleration because I do freehand drawing. I
don't want the speed of the cursor to depend on how quickly I move
it. On the other hand, I need a high speed because it can't take an
hour to traverse the screen. :-)

2. On the keyboard, I need to increase the key repeat speed. And the
lag time between the first pression and the subsequent ones. (the
"slow keys" feature does exactly the opposite of what I need!)

Rationale: I am a programmer and I use to move among my listing with
the keyboard. I often traverse long distances with the arrow keys, and
the noticeable lag time between the first pression and the beginning
of auto-repeat makes me nervous. :-)

Maurizio